CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The Kat House Quarter-Century Birthday Bash

[beep beep crackle beep crackle beep beep] "We are broadcasting to you today from the land of Sickies-United, where having a cold is FUN and not being able to breathe is even more fun!" Yeah! So, I came down with this cold (I'm calling it the Beth/Brandon virus, because I think that they were the source of infection...hehe) after our FANTASTIC weekend in Seattle. So even though today was sit-in-the-health-center-for-2-hours-on-a-nebulizer-so-I-can-breathe day, it was totally worth it!

Anyway, the weekend was organized by the lovely Kat House (Beth's roommate, who has become a very good friend) in celebration of her 25th birthday. We left Friday afternoon in the Jaime-mobile (which now sports a beautiful windshield war wound from a flying rock on the highway) and got into Seattle at about 5. We set up shop at the house of one of Kat's closest friends, Dan, a 2nd year med student at UW, who lives with two classmates, Levi & Chris (and now another guy, the infamous unseen roommate who moved in while our millions of belongings were strewn across the floor). As weekend party favors, Kat made t-shirts for everyone (which we wore on Saturday): across the front - "The Kat House (Est. 1979)...We don't quit until you do" and on the back were our nicknames (although some of them were totally un-deserved!! :)).

The players: Kat (Ms. Kitty), Beth (Beppy), Brandon - Beth's boyfriend (Monkey Bradah), Dan (Dr. Bezoar), Paul - Dan's brother (P Diddy), Keri - Kat's best friend (Doobie Scout), Levi & Chris (no names as of this trip, but next time!), and me (The Maneater...don't ask :)).

For our first night, we went out to dinner at Palomino, in downtown Seattle - excellent food, atmostphere and service. I give it two thumbs up. Kat brought a box full of wine to the restaurant - no, not box wine :) but an actual cardboard box filled with some of the best that the Palouse has to offer (Kat is quite the connoisseur). After dinner, we went out dancing at this pool hall/dance club, which was great except for the mirrors surrounding the dance floor. Something about seeing myself dancing that just seems weird - I KNOW that I look like a dork, why do I need a reflection to remind me? hehe

So, Saturday: WSU/Colorado football game, Vietnamese Pho for dinner, drinking 40's (yes, Jaime actually did this) and a med-school party (they're like vet-nerds, but they only have to worry about ONE species - heehee) complete with beer pong.
Some of the funnier moments:
-Keri and Kat getting hit on by random-guy behind us at the game with the greatest pick-up line "So...how are those nachos??"
-The endless stares that I received because of the words written across my back (come on guys, it's just a shirt!)
-The sheriffs that Kat made friends with at the game, who decided to come over and...be friendly?? "So..." (to me) "Are you the mean one?? hehehe" yeah. weird.
-Dick's hamburgers at 3 am
-Keri, Beth and I diving under the beer pong table to cuddle
-Kat picking a new best friend
-Having the greatest time with some of my closest friends and some very awesome new ones :)

So, after attempting to clean up a bit on Sunday, we left the crazy party house and headed back east (after another stop by Dick's of course), back to the real-world. But you know, if life were a constant vacation, how could we ever appreciate times like these? Yeah... :) (and also, as most of you know, I'm definitely the type of person that likes to appreciate ALL - or at least MOST of the other times as well :))

Check out the Picture Page for a few from the weekend...

Quote for the night:
"Wherever you are, be there." -Jim Rohn

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Awww Beppy - the virus was probably a mixture from everyone there! Not you!! :)
It was the bestest. Thanks for being you. heeh!