CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cartier: Week One, Day Six

Cartier had his first at-home face-clip last night (he'd been clipped once before by Jac, his breeder). For the most part he did really well, although he did put up quite a fight at first (as he seems to do with just about everything). He's a determined boy, but given what he'll be doing one day, that's probably a good thing! Anyway, by the end of it, he was happy because he'd been given a ton of "treats" (actually just puppy kibble) and I was covered in poodle fur. Scout was hilarious. At first she got nervous because she thought that I was going to clip her (a task that she's not too crazy about), but after she realized that Cartier was the "victim" (as she probably thinks of it), she became increasingly alarmed for HIM. It was actually pretty funny - she alternated between coming over to me to hover and make sure that he was ok and hiding by Michael. I eventually got her into a down-stay and she calmed down a little. She's just so attached to him - it's adorable but also makes me worried about their eventual separation. I'm trying to get him out alone at least once a day (and her as well), so that she still knows that she can survive without him. If she could have it her way, she'd probably sleep in his kennel with him at night. :)

No comments: