

A bit of history: I hate to cook. No, I take that back...cooking stresses me out so badly that by the time it comes to eating the (generally not very delicious) meal, I can't really enjoy it. This may seem strange (especially if you know my mother, who is an excellent cook), but up to this point, I've been a microwave-a-Lean-Cuisine or a dine-out kind of a girl. Two factors are playing into my new goal of learning how to cook: the first, it's freaking expensive to eat out; and second, I'm trying my hardest to slim down and get into shape before we go to Hawaii in December. So I went out and bought the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook and have created a menu for this next week - as kind of a trial. Plus it helps that I'm not working at the moment (more on that later), so I'm hoping that once I find out that I actually can create a delicious and nutritious meal on my own, the stresses will fly out the window. We shall see.
Tonight's dinner: Chicken salad. Sounds easy enough, right?
More after the meal... :)
Later....well, the dinner wasn't a complete failure, but the noodles in the salad were pretty gross. The dressing however was good. So I'd say that Day 1 was a success in that it got me into the kitchen. Next step: food that people will like. :) Tomorrow is Shepard's Pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment