It's funny how you can wake up one morning and just feel different. As Amanda and I were getting ready for school this morning, I said to her "Today, I think that I like vet school again." That may seem like an odd thing to say, but it was honestly such a foreign feeling, that I had to note it. It was three years ago today that we were at our White Coat Ceremony...a matriculation that introduced us to what would become home, hell and everything in between. I think back to the person that I was three years ago, and while the number sounds small, I know that it could have been a lifetime. I am different. Not worse, not better, just different. Perhaps a bit further down the path of individuation. But what I know for sure is if it weren't for this experience, I wouldn't be who I am today. And especially right now, at this moment, I am looking back and appreciating every frustrating, horrible, heartbreaking, exhilarating, enlightening, passionate, inspiring and triumphant minute of the past three years. They are times that I in the end, am proud to have been a part of.
Friday, September 23, 2005
A New Year
It's funny how you can wake up one morning and just feel different. As Amanda and I were getting ready for school this morning, I said to her "Today, I think that I like vet school again." That may seem like an odd thing to say, but it was honestly such a foreign feeling, that I had to note it. It was three years ago today that we were at our White Coat Ceremony...a matriculation that introduced us to what would become home, hell and everything in between. I think back to the person that I was three years ago, and while the number sounds small, I know that it could have been a lifetime. I am different. Not worse, not better, just different. Perhaps a bit further down the path of individuation. But what I know for sure is if it weren't for this experience, I wouldn't be who I am today. And especially right now, at this moment, I am looking back and appreciating every frustrating, horrible, heartbreaking, exhilarating, enlightening, passionate, inspiring and triumphant minute of the past three years. They are times that I in the end, am proud to have been a part of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
*hug*
ohhh :) I hug you too!!
Post a Comment