Last night Amanda and I had a joint birthday dinner at this Mexican restaurant in Moscow, which was so much fun! There were about 18 people there, and it was just really nice to see everyone outside of school. We were of course serenaded by the entire staff with the make-everyone-look-at-you birthday song, which came with two shots of who-knows-what. Since when did a free ice cream get replaced with alcohol?!? :) After dinner, Beth, Kat and I went to Shakers (the local college meat-market) to dance. That place always makes me laugh...and feel kinda old. The highlight of the evening was probably Green-Skirt-Girl, who was wearing the shortest, flippiest (yes, this is a new Jaime-word) bright green Britney Spears skirt that I've ever seen. And she was dancing/flipping the skirt for the entire night, for all to see. Quite the show. We were slightly grossed out. In addition to girls-with-short-skirts, another pet peeve about places like that are the tall guys (or as Beth called one last night, "Sasquatch") that run over you every 5 seconds on the dance floor. I mean, come on. I know that I'm short, but WATCH WHERE YOU'RE STEPPING!!!! We had Dance-Floor-Rage a few times but luckily kept it under control.
Today was a very lazy day. Slept in (although not at late as Beth: 3:15 pm!!), ironed (my life is so exciting) and watched The-Best-Movie-Ever-Titanic. It just felt like an appropriate thing to do today and it had been awile. Totally brought back the memory of Shelby, Aaron, Jenny and I filming our own version 6 years ago. Aaron played Rose and Jenny played Jack. Ahh...good times.
Ok - off to the gym I go...perhaps I'll luck out and see Green-Skirt-Girl there and can ask her where she shops :)
2 comments:
Happy belated birthday Jaime - you have become one of 'those' people who write weblogs - congrats on that too!:)
Thank you "anonymous" :)
See guys - I'm gonna need ya'll to sign your name at the end of your little messages, if you ever want me to know that you actually read this...or maybe the point is that I NOT know?? :)
Post a Comment