Now, for those of you that knew me back at Willamette, you probably remember that I spent a good 70% of my out-of-class time in the library. Before you go thinking that I was the ULTIMATE nerd, it should be noted that the motivation for my choice of study spaces was influenced by (surprise surprise) a guy (can't exactly remember WHO, but I'm pretty sure that's why I was there :)) and the fact that hanging out at the library was second best to say, hanging out at the Ram (minus the beer of course); it was a very serious social venue. So, after a 3-year hiatus from the libraries, I have found myself, yet again, back at a desk, on the "quiet floor". This time, the motivation was more survival related ("If I don't find a good place to study, I'm going to fail out of vet school - and in the last quarter of classes no less"), although I admit, it may have had something to do with a certain someone saying that he studies here too. :) Anyway, I LOVE this library - perhaps more than Willamette's! For one thing, it's HUGE; my computer gets excellent wireless reception; it's quiet and I usually get a good amount of studying done and when you're lucky enough to score one of the padded chairs, it's actually fairly comfortable. Yes, my life has reached the pinnacle of excitement.
Other news...Greg came to visit this weekend (he was coaching for a swim meet in Albany), which was fun - it's always good to see non-vet school friends. :) (not that I don't LOVE my friends here; they are afterall, the reason that I've survived this long!). We went to Cold Stone last night and had dessert BEFORE dinner. :) That's definitely the way to go.
And now, I'm off - at least for a bit. This blogging thing is getting to be rather addictive!
Word of the Day:
unfledged \uhn-FLEJD\, adjective:
1. Lacking the feathers necessary for flight.
2. Not fully developed; immature.
New Pictures!
Sunday, June 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A full-fledged nerd just for being at the library?? Ha! I'm getting a degree in library! I'm the biggest nerd EVER!
... actually there are people here who are still bigger geeks than I am. Practicing pagan heavy-metal musician ass-length hair engineering librarian geeks! Country music database geology geeks! (Well, OK, so I'm moving in with that one, but he's still a bigger geek.)
Yay! Nerds are the best after all. Perhaps one day, I'll find one of my very own :) haha
Thanks for posting L!!
Post a Comment